- "Courtaulds makes some pretty dull stuff".
- Tencel: "In the next 5 years its going to explode".
- 1995 prices: Polyester 70c, cotton 80c., rayon 95c., Tencel 180c.
- Courtaulds expects Tencel sales to reach $5bn/year.
- Regarding the foray into fashion: "I'm not sure I understand this...I'm a chemical engineer" (Gordon Campbell)
- Burlington/Klopman: "Fabric requires slow and costly manufacturing". "It will be a challenge for Courtaulds to meet forecasts"
- Lenzing, who are suing Courtaulds for patent infringement in New York, thinks the fibre "will remain a high priced niche of under 100,000 tonnes".
- Levi's: "This fabric has some definite potential"
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Can Tencel take on Rayon? (1995)
This Wall St Journal article is hardly legible in scanned form below, but it contains some quotes worth preserving: