- Strategy is to concentrate on lyocell rather than viscose.
- "We envisage the viscose business will stay about the same size as today until in the longer term we will see some decline ... in favour of Tencel"
- Courtaulds has 5-year lead on Lenzing and will complete its 3rd plant as Lenzing start up the first.
- "It is most unlikely that any producer [of lyocell] could move into the Far East ahead of us."
- Courtaulds might be interested in a stake in Lenzing but "such a deal would be likely to fall foul of the EU and US competition legislation."
- Lenzing stress the benefits of integrated pulp production, but Courtaulds say selling the SAICCOR pulp operation does not disadvantage Tencel.