The first public announcement of the Genesis project was in the June 7th 1986 issue of Nonwoven Markets Newsletter, the leading US nonwoven news source at that time. This has been kindly scanned and sent in by David Allan, Editor, yesterday. The original was apparently rather yellow and the text has been doubled in size to improve its readability. (Hopefully a better copy will emerge.)
Points to note:
- Amine oxide is described as a "light duty detergent".
- Courtaulds say marketing is using a "Scattergun approach"
- The fibre will target mid to high end cotton apparel, sheeting in home textiles and speciality wipes in nonwovens.
- 50kg batches of fibre are being made.
- A larger Coventry pilot line is under construction and due to start in early 1987.
- Future expansion in the USA "as soon as commercially feasible"